Monday, May 1, 2017

Blogging Buddies



About a week ago, I saw this tweet about a Blogging Buddies group. I thought what better way to start blogging than to be involved in a challenge style setting with a support group... Right? Well... I have waited about a week trying come up with a great topic...and I had to fall back on one of their suggested ideas. :) I'm going to start with a post about Blogging Buddies!

There are only a few guidelines for the Blogging Buddies program - You have to agree to the following:
  • Post at least once per month
  • Offer feedback to all others in my group at least once per month
  • Practice best digital citizenship
  • Use LARA method - Listen (or read), Affirm, Respond, Add (this one is new to me)

So far, I have joined ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education), which is a move I needed to make because of the great resources available. I have also joined several of the PLNs offered through ISTE, one of which is the ISTE Ed Tech Coaches PLN which is hosting the Blogging Buddies. I got my email today with my team members, four other Ed Tech Coaches that will go through this process with me. All-in-all, there are 50 Ed Tech Coaches participating. I am scared and excited at the same time. Some have awesome blogs and some have blogs like mine - in the infancy stage. My goals is to not only promote professional growth as an Ed Tech Coach but to model it, also. I don't think I should "preach" blogging if I don't "practice" blogging. Anyone else want to join me on this adventure into the wonderful world of blogging?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Yvonne! I'm excited to join you on this adventure! I agree that, as a coach, it is so important that we model professional growth and take advantage of opportunities like this. Many coaches don't have a strong support network in their school, so it is important to reach out to a global PLN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Yvonne! I, too, am excited to join you on this adventure into the blogosphere! So far, my blog has been more of reflection journal on my experience so far in this new role! I can't wait to begin learning with others!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne, happy to be one of your Blogging Buddies! Before leaving the classroom and becoming a Digital Integration Coach, I taught writing through blogging to my 10th grade students. My old blog was a sporadic collection of teacher reflections that I used as a model for my students, so I'm excited to begin recording this professional journey with a group like Blogging Buddies! You're right, we need to model reflection and growth to the teachers we coach!

    My team and I spent the first two years in our new positions completely in isolation and it was actually taking the Coaching Digital Learning course from the Friday Institute (https://place.fi.ncsu.edu/) that made us realize that if you shouldn't teach in isolation, you shouldn't coach in isolation either! I look forward to learning from you and the others in our Blogging Buddies group! #writeon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ladies, we're so excited to have you all joining us on this journey together! Yvonne, I was so nervous to start blogging, too, but I am SO glad I did! Don't worry at all about where your own blog is... it's all about lifelong learning and getting better at our own practice. You are all so right that tech coaching can be even more lonely than a classroom teacher. Hopefully this will be one outlet that makes you feel a little less alone! Looking forward to learning with each of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yvonne,
    Happy to be your blogging buddy! My blog is also in its infancy stage and I'm hoping to make it more of a routine. Happy to have found a support group!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yvonne,

    Welcome to Blogging Buddies! I can see from the rest of your blog that you are practising what you preach and, even in its infancy, it's shaping up to be a fantastic blog. Well done for all of your efforts so far. I look forward to catching up on older posts and I wait eagerly for your upcoming ones.

    Best regards,

    Adam

    ReplyDelete