Thursday, January 18, 2018

Do you have Ed Tech Goals?

Do you have Ed Tech Goals for the new year? I am asking myself - what do I want to accomplish as the new year and new semester begin?

Creating an Online Learning Platform for teachers -
We recently trained teachers on using video in the classroom. I believe that this is a great resource to offer our students and have purchased the premium version of Screencastify for my students and teachers. Now, I have come to realize that if I encourage my teachers to utilize a program, I should probably use the program, also. You know... practice what I preach. :)

I intend to use Screencastify to make "How To" videos for my staff that I will roll out at the end of the school year. I have plans to create video-based training that my staff can access during the summer - when they are relaxed and actually have time to devote to learning. My goal is to offer a multitude of sessions that teachers can pick and choose from that will fit into their classroom plans. I will show how to use the program, provide reasons to use the program and examples of the program being used. After a recent survey of my teachers, regarding training, I have learned that they prefer online training and need to know the "Why" of the training. Hopefully, I live up to their expectations and mine. Once I get rolling with the teacher side of the training, I will develop the student side to let them know what is available.


Becoming more visible - 
As the campus tech, I feel the responsibility to be more visible on campus and online. I need to be out walking around the campus, visiting classrooms and documenting how technology is being used on campus. Then, I could showcase technology being used on my campus through Twitter and my website. This would help me become more visible online. Even though I work with technology, it is not in my nature to share "all of my business" with the world; but, I know that I need to model sharing information so that my teachers will follow. I need to promote my school and the technology being used. 

So, I will be working on these two goals for the second semester. I actually think that making the videos will be easier for me than promoting on social media. Here's to a fabulous new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment