Thursday, August 31, 2017

New School Year = Overwhelmed!

We started school on August 17th this year. I really do not think that any of my teachers were truly "ready" in the sense that they are accustomed to. Basically, we were seven days early.

The teachers are overwhelmed by their class sizes and/or their schedules, by the speed which the first day approached, the number of new forms they have to complete, having to submit lesson plans in a specific format, and attempting to move more into the digital realm, etc. Plates quickly went from full to overflowing. I am hoping that once everyone gets back into their "school routine" the stress they are feeling will ease.

How do you handle the new year? Do you provide teacher training sessions and help set up their technology in the classroom? So far, I have trained teachers to use Google Classroom, assisted with Chromebook check-out (first year of Chromebooks for 9th-11th grades), hooked up document cameras and computers to projectors, replaced projector bulbs, and reset passwords for students and parents. That is just the tip and I have students this year! :) We are starting a technology help desk where I will be training students to offer support for teachers and students. I've been swamped with emails, phone calls, and I can not see my desk... but, my kids have been great so far. They have rolled with me and helped in any way they can, without training. I am super excited about the possibilities that we have with the student help desk and will write more in another post.

Here is to the new year... I hope you settle in and find your rhythm. Hopefully,

No comments:

Post a Comment